Are You an Army Officer in the IRR, Nearing or Past Your MSO (Military Service Obligation End Date)?

If you are nearing or past your MSO date, you should seriously consider making an affirmative election of options regarding your continued military service. The correct way to do this is by contacting your servicing career manager’s office at HRC Ft. Knox. The Election of Options Form — AHRC Form 4145 — which has been in use since at least May 2006, is still being used by the Army to memorialize an officer’s decision to remain in the Army or terminate his or her service. Ask that you be sent this form by name: Election of Options Form, AHRC 4145.

You should carefully read the instructions on that form before making your election. Additionally, don’t hesitate to ask for further guidance from HRC personnel regarding your options if needed. If at that point, you feel you need further assistance or counsel, please don’t hesitate to call my office. I’m happy to help you with whatever course of action you’re contemplating.

Best regards, Bill Meili.
Attorney and Counselor at Law
Dallas Office: 214 363-1828
M-F 0830-1730 or via email at

Officer Resignations Handled with Dignity and Respect

If you, or someone you know, is struggling with a resignation request, please consider using our firm to help you get where you need to be.

Most everyone I’ve represented in this area goes in with mixed emotions …. and that doesn’t change during the months — and sometimes years — these folks have spent getting wrapped around the proverbial axle by their commands, staffs and higher headquarters before they call me.

So, if you’ve reached the conclusion that you need some experienced, outside counsel to help ensure that your request is handled seriously, expeditiously, and with the proper amount of dignity and respect it deserves, call me. We work — and have worked successfully for more than two decades now — with military law clients nationwide, and around the world, on a wide variety of military law and administrative issues, including officer resignations.

Respectfully, Bill Meili, Colonel (Ret.) JAGC, U.S. Army Reserve and Attorney and Counselor at Law:
214 363-1828 Office: Monday thru Friday, 0830 – 1730 Central.
Or email: